|Reference # : ||13-18041
||Title : ||Senior Platform Engineers- Java with Amazon Webservices |
|Position Type : ||Contract|
|Experience Level : ||
||Start Date / End Date : ||09/23/2013 / 02/24/2014
| Description |
Pyramid Consulting Inc is looking for Java Developer - cum- Platform Engineers for one its client in the Broadcasting Industry.
Location: Atlanta GA
Duration: 6 months
Senior Platform Engineer:
The Senior Platform Engineer will be part of a group of advanced technologists building a next generation computing platform, providing assistance and input to other developers, architects and system administrators. He or she will develop internal services, APIs, tools, and user interfaces as well as researching new trends in software design, development tools and operational techniques to maximize our performance and ability to deliver new features to customers and partners.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years progressive experience in software development.
- 4+ years’ experience in high volume public facing web site environments.
- Experience designing and developing highly available, distributed systems.
- Extensive understanding of all levels of application stack browser, CDN, load balancer, application server, JVM, network, database, etc.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services. Experience with other cloud computer providers such as Rackspace, Google, etc. are a plus.
- Experience in automation, operations, and dashboard libraries such as bash, Puppet, statsd, Graphite, Logstash, Tasseo, Dashing, and D3.js.
- Comfortable with low level APIs such as Amazon EC2 API and higherl evel abstractions such as Boto and Fog.
- Experience with software testing methodologies, code quality practices, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.